Monday, October 31, 2011

Dreaming

It's still so funny to me that I'm a Mom of a newborn again. I knew from the day we had Avery that we would have another kid, I just wasn't sure when. Now all of the sudden after four years of wondering when the time would be right it's done. I have Anders and my family is complete. Such an odd feeling to be done. A good feeling but an odd one. We spend our whole lives wondering what we were going to be when we grew up or what our family would be like and all of the sudden I'm here and it's done. That's not to say there won't be many more surprises in my life and now I can dream about the day the kids start school or the day they get married, have children.... but the days of dreaming about what my family would be are over. In a way it is a reassuring feeling, like I've completed a major accomplishment in my life and I'm happy about that. There is another part of me, however, that is a little sad that all the dreams have become realities and the fact is I'm not so young anymore. Would I ever go back to dreaming though, I don't think so, this reality I live is pretty great. How lucky I am to have found a great man to marry and have to wonderful healthy children. So now I daydream about where we'll end up next summer. That is my new reality. I am very anxious to know where I am going to spend the next years of my life and where I get to send my children to school and where I get to buy a home. It is a very exciting time in the Kline family with many uncertainties coming in the next year. So I guess there is always something to dream about and maybe it's a good thing that the dream of my family is complete to I can focus on dreaming about our next destination. One dream at a time...

No comments: