Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Weekend in Missoula


Jeff, Avery and I cruised to Missoula last Saturday for the Bobcat / Griz game. We left Avery at the hotel with my Mom and were able to enjoy the game, child free. What a great game, for those of you who aren’t aware the Griz kicked ass! It was also kind of funny that before the game Jeff and I went to the bookstore to buy Griz sweatshirts to wear. Stupid me, in a rush to get the family out of the house, I put on my blue winter coat which proved a conflict of interest since blue happens to be the opposing teams colors. Anyhow, we went to the bookstore where I purchased a hoodie and Jeff bought an original Grizz colored sweatshirt, brownish and yellow. He has wanted one for awhile, however, the funny part is that the Griz decided to wear the old colors to the game. Jeff got a ton of compliments and I think he felt pretty cool wearing the sweatshirt.

After the game we went with my brother Jess and his wife Dawn, my brother Brady and his girlfriend Kristi and our friends Teresa and Jeff to eat a ton of sushi. I love love love sushi, so that made my night. We got almost everyone to try raw sushi and it got mixed reviews but I think everyone enjoyed trying something new. Next we met at Johnnie Carinos for drinks, desert and dinner for Brady who was not impressed with sushi. We visited with Jeff’s stepsister and then we headed downtown. I haven’t gone out in Missoula in years so this was a real treat. I met up with my great friend Stephanie and her fiancĂ© Joel at the Iron Horse and it was so nice to visit with them. We also ran into some other friends we haven’t seen in awhile. We ended the night dancing at Feruquis, this odd little martini bar. Jeff and I both paid for our night out the next day but having a night out sans child was totally worth it.

Finally on Sunday we got to hang out with Jeff’s cousin Chris who was in Butte working for a few days. It’s always a treat to hang out with Chris and get updates on his wife and kids. All in all it was a fantastic weekend.


I'll post pictures of everyone at the game in the next day or two. I'm waiting for Jess to email them to me!

No comments: