Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope

I’m going to be honest with you, for the first time in a long time I feel hope. Hope that our country can get back to a place where being an American is something to be proud of. It’s been a long time since I have felt proud of my country. Geez that’s sad to admit. Don’t get me wrong I love being an America and I still believe we live in the greatest country in the world, but recently things have gone astray and I’m not as proud of our country as I would like to be. I am definitely not proud of our current administration and have so much hope that it can be turned around. It’s not to say that Obama will be able to accomplish this feat. He has so much to deal with in his first year in office, I do not envy him. If nothing else, however, this man has given me hope back and for that I thank him. When I watched his acceptance speech I got shivers thinking that he could bring the change that we need. Man I hope he does, I hope he follows through on his promises for change I hope he takes this country by the horns and turns it around but mostly, I hope that he is a President that I can be proud of. If indeed Jeff and I decide to move to Norway in a year, I want to be able to stand proud when I tell people I am an American, I want to be able to have heated discussions about why our country is so great and why our President is a wonderful man who has brought change. Right now having hope for our countries future is enough to make me happy. Thank you Obama for giving this to me and please don’t let the American people down!