Monday, July 14, 2008

In Memory of Grandma Dodo.

My Grandma Dodo passed away last Friday and while I am so sad and bummed out by her passing, I am also happy that she is no longer in pain and is now up with Grandpa Lucero. She was one of those women that you can just look up to. If I make it to that age and can look back and see that I’ve lived my life with as much love and kindness and dignity as that woman did I will have felt fulfilled. Ever since my Grandpa died she has just carried on, always doing what needed to be done and never complaining. I’ll be back in Great Falls at the end of the week for her service and then the next day I have a wedding to be in. It’s so weird how life just goes on but I know that’s the way Grandma would have wanted it. I’ll miss her terribly but I am so honored that I got to be there to see her go and I am so blessed that I got to spend 29 years of my life with such a wonderful Grandma. I know someday I’ll see her again but until then I’ve got a pretty fantastic guardian angle watching over me and my family.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

That is so sweet. :) I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you can look at it so positively.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss too... And, I hear what you're saying about how it seems like life is continuing so quickly after someone passes. It's almost the definition of bittersweet, I think.

Kari said...

I think that the ability to continue on, enjoy life, and keep our families close is the legacy that our loved ones leave us when they pass away.
Life goes on to honor them and all they taught us about how to live our lives.
You're right Jill. It is very bittersweet.