Friday, May 20, 2011

Averyisms

The other day we looked at ads of swimming pools. Avery decided she needed one and that she would help Anders swim. She said she'd hold onto him tight, but not too tight, not holy moley tight because that's too tight.

She likes to give really tight hugs that she calls alligator hugs.

When telling you something Ave likes to end the sentence with, "so that's why" or "that's what I'm talking about."

Black Wolives means black olives and ridicrius means ridiculous

Currently she loves the song by Beck titled, "Lost Cause" and loves to contemporary dance to it.

She asks daily if Anders is coming tomorrow and then gets mad at me when I tell her no he is not.

She thinks that three months and three days are the same length of time.

She often hugs my belly and kisses it.

She is in the questions phase where she asks things like, "what's in water" or "what's in fish." Sometimes I can answer and other times I just make shit up.

The other day her Dad told her not to touch anything, referring to the computer. She walked up to me, poked me and said, "can I touch Mom," in a very sarcastic voice.

The other day I was stuck in the bathroom on the toilet without toilet paper. I asked Avery to go downstairs and get me a roll we had been using as tissue paper. The first time she went downstairs, dinked around for awhile and came back with nothing. So I sighed and sent her down again. A few minutes later she stuck her arm in the door, holding her snake and said, "Mom snake is dancing for you." At this point, roughly ten minutes after my initial request, I got up myself and rummaged around the cupboard for some kleenex we had stashed. The kid has at best a thirty second attention span.

Last night before bed she told me I was a beautiful princess.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

And the beautiful princess comment forgives the no toilet paper! Lol, what a kick she is. Her curiousity about things reminds me of Jeff when we were kids, he was the first to get a shovel so we could try digging to China via the sandbox or ask him about using sheets to fly off of the garage. Hope she never wants to try out that one!