Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend in the Funk!

We had a pretty exciting weekend in Great Falls. Jeff’s brother and his family were in town and Jeff’s cousin Chris and his family showed up as well. Jeff’s stepbrother Mike happened to be on leave so we even got to visit with him. We ended up buying a new car, going to Marc and Karyn’s wedding reception party and hitting the Alice Cooper concert all in one day. Then on Sunday we made it to a bar-b-que at Jeff’s Dad’s house. It was a ton of fun. We even managed to fit in some time with my parents.

I loved watching Avery play with her cousins; Shayden, Rhiannon and Ronnie. Shayden, our nephew who’s almost two, is getting huge and he’s such a funny little guy. He was cracking me up looking for the “buggies,” his code word for bugs, and diving into the swimming pool. It was also great to hang out with Marc and Karyn, whom we don’t get to see often enough. Then going to the concert with Chris and Tonya was a blast. Alice Cooper can still rock and he put on a heck of a show. We haven’t been to the State Fair in years. Walking down the midway and eating greasy philly cheese steaks and nachos with beer made my night. Oh yeah and the new car. Jeff finally caved and decided that the 1990 Blazer just didn’t cut it anymore. We tracked down a 2006 Ford Fusion at Lithia in Great Falls and ended up getting it. It’s a pretty sweet ride if I do say so myself. I haven’t transferred any pics from my camera yet so I’ll try to get those posted tonight. But I do have this one from the concert, it’s a little blurry but you get the jist. He's the blur in the middle.










No comments: