Thursday, October 14, 2010

Presents from China


Sorry it has taken me so long to post more about Jeff's China trip. We have had some sickness in the family and a few other things have come up lately that have kept me from blogging. Kept might be a strong word, I just haven't felt like it lately, however, I am vowing to get back into my posts and thought I better get a little more of Jeff's China trip up. I would like to post pictures of the World Expo that is in Shanghai but that requires Jeff telling me about each picture and to be honest, I'm not sure when I'll get my shit together enough for that to happen. Instead I've decided to post pictures of the loot that Jeff brought Avery and I back. When Jeff left I wrote down a list of things I would like him to buy. Lucky girl that I am he managed to pick up almost everything I asked for and then some. In the group that Jeff went with they were lucky enough to have two Chinese PhD students. Sarina went off shopping one day while everyone else went to the beach and Jeff tagged along which was wonderful since he had a translator and someone that could help him bargain for things. Here is a glimpse of the goods.
A paper fan with masks painted on it.
Avery's silk outfit. It cost around $10 USD.
One of the three fans he brought back. This one had panda bears on it and it for Avery.


A silk fan.

Chop sticks. I think Jeff said he paid around 2 USD for all of these.
Chocolate from the Russian airport. Such beautiful wrappers, such awful chocolate, like so bad I threw it out.
Porcelain tea set. He spent around $10 I believe for this.
Hand carved wooden tea set. This is my favorite. It is beautiful.

Jeff also brought back chinese tea, sandals and crocks for Avery that he got dirt cheap and a T shirt for himself. He said that some things were very cheap and some things were expensive. I was very pleased with what he brought me and I will cherish all of it. I have always liked to incorporate Asian pieces in to my decorating and these things fit beautifully. Such a lucky girl to have such a great husband!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

You threw out chocolate! I think thats a crime of some sort, lol. I remember when my Mom brought back chocolate from Germany, it was wrapped so nice I refused to eat it and ruin the foil. What very nice gifts and yes, you are very lucky to have Jeff and he to have you! You can have a tea party now. Miss ya!

Kristi Figarelle-Lucero said...

Love the tea set and Avery's silk outfit :) I can't believe he was able to bring all that back with him w/o it breaking!

Kari said...

Avery looks so cute in the silk outfit.

woolarious said...

I love that wooden tea set...thats really for me isn't it? ha ha Avery is adorable in her silk, you are lucky girls.