Saturday, March 6, 2010

Norwegian Fashion

We got a catalog delivered to our door the other day and I thought I'd share some of the fashion. Surprisingly a lot of what they wear over here is very similar to what we wear in the U.S. Skinny jeans are huge here and almost everyone wears them with boots. I'd say 85% of women wear skinny jeans or leggings and surprisingly I have grown to really like them. Guys jeans are either loose like snowboarder style or tighter and there really isn't much in between. Everyone wears scarves including the men. From what I have heard, Europe is about a year or so ahead of us in fashion. So I wouldn't be surprised if you see some of these items in the United States stores next year. I thought this outfit was really cute.
The punk rock look is pretty big. Hey Kristy should I wear the dress on the left to your wedding - ha!
Belted shirts are big.
I thought these were unusual. I've also seen skinny jeans with ruffles at the bottom?
Funky pants, don't think I'll be getting into this style. The skinny jeans on the other page are pretty cute though. I have actually been surprised at how reasonable clothing is over here. With the price of food outrageous, I just assumed clothing would be the same. 229 kr is about $40. A good reference on the money is 100 kr equals about $17. So one of these days I'm going to get out clothing shopping. I really want to check out the stores downtown. They always have salg (sales) and the outfits in the windows are really cute!

No comments: